Music of the month - September

September has been one of my favourite months in terms of music as two of my favourite bands have albums out now and I can't get enough of either of them. Seriously, I'm constantly bopping around the house, singing at the top of my lungs in the car and humming the songs from these albums at work.

HAIM - DAYS ARE GONE (Album)


I have been a fan of this band for about a year now and have been eagerly anticipating this album. When you wait a long time for an album to be released you start to hype yourself up about it and in many cases, I have found, it doesn't live up to they hype when you actually get your hands it. Luckily that wasn't the case with this album. I've been listening to it non-stop since its release on the 27th September and I'm still not board with it. These three Californian sisters (Este, Danielle and Alana) have a real edgy retro sound that I love. My favourite tracks off the album are 'Running If You Call My Name', 'Send Me Down' and 'Honey & I'. Our resident guest blogger, TG, was lucky enough to catch the girls playing at Glastonbury this summer where they performed alongside Primal Scream (I'm pretty jealous!). There are some great remixes to look out for on the album too.





THE 1975 - THE 1975 (Album)


This was another album I had been desperate to listen to. I remember the very first time I heard this band on the radio when listening to Nick Grimshaw's breakfast show on BBC Radio 1, it early in the morning before work and he played 'Chocolate'. It was one of those rare times where I knew instantly that I loved a song on first hearing and I frantically wrote down the name of the band and searched for the song on iTunes, only to find that it wasn't yet released (I hate that!) I really love the more upbeat tunes on the album such as 'Girls', 'Sex' (album version), 'Settle Down' and 'Heart Out'. The whole album is amazing and if you get hold of the deluxe edition there are lots of great remixes.




Thanks for reading!
Lala
  x

Comments

  1. Never come across this band before, but I'm always open an might have to give them another listen! Songs you'd recommend?
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award as well http://wp.me/p3UUW8-6Z.
    Keep blogging, I love your variety!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! Both bands are amazing, i'd recommend 'Running if You Call My Name' by HAIM and 'Girls' by the 1975. xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts