Edinburgh

 - Biffy Clyro 'Bubbles'
In November this year I was lucky enough to make my second visit to the Scottish capital of Edinburgh. I instantly fell in love with this city on my first visit and was excited to go back for a friends birthday celebrations. During my first trip we did a number of touristy things, such as visiting Edinburgh Castle, taking part in the Scotch Whiskey experience, Edinburgh Zoo, Camera Obscura etc. Here are some photographs of my first trip in February with Bee...
Edinburgh Zoo
Edinburgh Castle
However, during my second trip we were there to party and I got to experience Edinburgh in a different way. We were there to have fun and although the weather was somewhat dismal, we did exactly that!
We spent most of  the day dashing for cover from the rain and catching up with friends, old and new, in a local pub and then went out in the evening. I have to say that Edinburgh was great fun for a night out and the highlight of the evening was dancing at the Ghillie Dhu with friends whilst a local duo played tunes by Scottish bands (obviously including The Proclaimers '500 Miles'!) The duo didn't have a name, however when I asked if they could play any Bruce Springsteen they explained that they had tried to play 'Dancing in the Dark' a few times. I therefore (kindly) gave them their band name.... The Not So Dancing in the Darks!
Ladies and gentlemen I give you 'The Not So Dancing in the Darks!'
The Scottish... YUM!
My return flight from Edinburgh was on November 11th (remembrance day) and it just so happened that the Japanese international rugby team were leaving Edinburgh at the same time, having played a game against Scotland the previous day. Never in all my days did I expect to find myself at 11.00am on 11th November taking part in 2 minutes silence, whilst standing in my socks at security in Edinburgh airport, surrounded by Japanese rugby players. I love lifes little random moments.

Everyone we met in Edinburgh was friendly and the whole night was filled with fun. I can't wait to go back again!

EDINBURGH I  ❤ YOU!
Lala
  x

Comments

Popular Posts