Music of the month - November

November has been an exciting month for me in terms of music!


BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - HIGH HOPES

So.... this happened! WOOOAH! The release of a new Springsteen tune was without a doubt the highlight of my November. However it doesn't end there, as this is the title track to a new album from the Boss, which will be released January 14th (*dances*)! Bruce collaborates with Tom Morello on a number of tracks from the upcoming album as well as the title track. Morello is insane on the guitar and also features in the video below! I was lucky enough to see the two perform together at Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park and together they are electric! The new album track list has been released and there are a few reworkings of old classics as well as unheard tracks. Springsteen explains that the album is “some of our best unreleased material from the past decade.”

High Hopes:
01 High Hopes [ft. Tom Morello]
02 Harry's Place  [ft. Tom Morello]
03 American Skin (41 Shots)  [ft. Tom Morello]
04 Just Like Fire Would  [ft. Tom Morello]
05 Down in the Hole
06 Heaven's Wall  [ft. Tom Morello]
07 Frankie Fell in Love
08 This Is Your Sword
09 Hunter of Invisible Game  [ft. Tom Morello]
10 The Ghost of Tom Joad  [ft. Tom Morello]
11 The Wall
12 Dream Baby Dream  [ft. Tom Morello]




COLBIE CAILLAT - HOLD ON


This track was released on November 19th and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. I was a big fan of Colbie's 2007 album Coco, which had a laid back feel to it. This track however embraces pop music and is more uptempo, which I actually really like. Beware however, this song is catchy and gets stuck in your head after a couple of listens. It also makes a great breakup track (although slightly clingy).



ELLIE GOULDING - HOW LONG WILL I LOVE YOU

This song has surprised me as I didn't think much of it when it was initially released, however it has grown on me so much that I would now consider it to be one of my favourite songs of the year. I often find that songs don't hook me in until I see it performed and that is exactly what happened with this track. The single was released to raise money for Children in Need and when Ellie performed it on the show I got it. The words were beautiful and now the song makes me melt, even the first few chords. Amazing.



ELIZABETH & THE CATAPULT

I found myself desperately trying to remember the lyrics to this song when I first heard it so that I could go home and find out who sang it. It's such an upbeat, cute tune that it has been on my playlist all month and will probably be on there for a few months to come. Enjoy!



Lala


  x

Comments

Popular Posts