Music of the month - February

February may be the shortest month of the year but it has certainly been a busy one. I have spent lots of time travelling on trains, planes and in cars which has meant that I have had plenty of time to discover new tracks and also some new artists.

VANCE JOY - CALL IF YOU NEED ME
This song comes from Vance Joy's second album and although the album as whole didn't impress me much this song did catch my attention. James Keogh, the artist behind Vance Joy, is known for his acoustic sound and the song starts with bare acoustic guitar and then builds. Keogh's fragile voice (which almost sounds on the verge of tears) helps to add haunting undertones to the track.



DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL - HEART BEAT HERE
After nearly a decade Chris Carrabba proves he has still got it! I was really excited for the release of his new album 'Crooked Shadows' this month and it did not disappoint. Many artists make a return to the music scene and as a listener it feels like their music has completely changed. Sometimes this is a good thing but sometimes, sadly, it's not. Dashboard Confessional, however, have made a comeback picking up exactly where they left off which I am very pleased about! ‘Heart Beat Here’ is my favourite track from the album and I particularly like this acoustic version below.



MIDDLE KIDS - MISTAKE
Middle Kids are an indie rock trio who hail from Australia. This is an uplifting track with a rock undertone. The chorus is very catchy and the lead vocals are slightly haunting with a country edge. I have really enjoyed blasting this song in the car on long journeys. I shall definitely be keeping an ear out for future tracks from Middle Kids.



BRIAN FALLON - MY NAME IS THE NIGHT (COLOR ME BLACK)
If you have every been a fan of the Gaslight Anthem then you may be familiar with Brian's husky tones. I first became aware of Brian Fallon whilst at a Springsteen concert in Hyde Park where Bruce invited him on stage to join him. In a recent interview Springsteen also named Fallon as the person he would choose to stand in for him if he couldn't perform live. If he's good enough for the Boss, he's good enough for me! This song comes from Brian's new solo album Sleepwalkers and is my favourite track off the album.


Thanks for reading and I hope you've managed to find some tracks to add to your playlists. I love recieving music suggestions myself so let me know which tracks you have been enjoying recently.

Lala

  x

Comments

Popular Posts