A Fresh Start!

Here I am! It's been a fair while and a lot has happened in both my life and the world since I last posted. It feels good to dust off the keyboard and be back BLOGGING!
After a couple of weeks dealing with heartache (blurgh) I felt a strange calling to return to my beloved blog. I have decided to mix things up a little and intend to use this space to share more of myself and my life. As the world is in the middle of a pandemic it seems as good a time as any to share a little of where my mind is at and the things I am doing to help me cope with life. Who knows, it may even help someone else. 
I think most people right now are feeling overwhelmed and that is definitely the reoccurring feeling that keeps jumping out at me. It's a weird old world we're living in at the moment, isn't it? At times it feels like life has changed beyond all recognition and adapting to that change has been difficult. When 2020 began I had been single for a few months and was ready to jump into the dating game but I am now considering the possibility that the universe believes I am better off single. 
I do think there are many positives to be taken from this new world we are navigating. It has forced us to take life at a slower pace and appreciate the amazing people in our lives. It has encouraged people to reach out and support their neighbours, to make the most of nature and time with family. I also happen to love being greeted by security at the supermarket when I do my big shop. I am sadly past the age of clubbing and it gives me fond memories of my youth when I arrive at the shop door and am told "We'll get you in as soon as we can love. It's one in one out at the moment." 
Right now I am focusing on the positives in life and I encourage you to do the same. Each night before I sleep I think of at least three things that I am thankful for to remind myself, even on the difficult days, that life is still good.

Michaela x
(Yes, that's my REAL name!)

Comments

Popular Posts