Music of the Month - August

Musically, it's been a pretty exciting month and I have found myself listening to a range of artists and genres. Life in general feels pretty restricted for all of us right now. Personally, I have been leaning on music to provide much needed escape and the excitement of new music reminds me that, despite everything, good things are still happening in the world! So, here's some of the music I have been enjoying in August. 

Taylor Swift - Exile (feat. Bon Iver)
The surprise release of the 'Folklore' album was a real highlight of August. It seems like there is no situation that this woman will not (musically) thrive in and it is clear that she has certainly made the most of her time in isolation! This magical, folky album is a new direction for Swift which I LOVE! She worked with The National's Aaron Dessner on 11 of the 16 songs and you can feel his magical, melancholic touch weaved into the album. This, coupled with Taylor's clever and catchy lyrics have created some amazing songs. 'Exile', which features Bon Iver, is one of my favourite songs as it is hauntingly sad and beautiful all at the same time. 

The Killers - Fire in Bone
Ahead of the release of their new album 'Imploding The Mirage' The Killers released three tracks, 'My Own Soul's Warning', 'Caution', and 'Fire in Bone'. I enjoyed all three tracks but 'Fire in Bone' has really stood out to me. The other two tracks are enjoyable but I feel they of a very similar thread to other songs the band have previously released in that they are climatic songs that will be big hits in stadiums and at festival performances.What I love most about 'Fire and Bone' is the funky bassline and 80s vibe. Give it a listen!

Rhys Lewis - No Right To Love You
If you've ever walked away from someone and then found yourself missing everything about them then you will understand exactly what Rhys is singing about. 'No Right To Love You' comes from the new album 'Things I Chose To Remember'. In this track Rhys' voice beautifully brings to life the emotions he is singing about and is accompanied by a simple riff and beat. Another personal favourite from the album is 'Be Your Man'.

Jamie Scott - This Time Lucky
This song comes from Jamie Scott's new album 'How Still The River' and I am totally obsessed with it. Jamie Scott is such an under-rated talent and this album, which is full of stunning songs, really showcases that. 'This Time Lucky' is a stunning, folky track and Jamie's soulful and versatile voice creates some hauntingly beautiful moments throughout the song. 

I have put all of these songs plus some others that I have been enjoying this month into a playlist on spotify. Please go and give it a listen and give me a follow! 

Comments

Popular Posts