The Comeback...


As human beings we all experience ups and downs in life. I guess it's true that you better appreciate the highs in life after experiencing the lows - although when you are feeling low this is of no consolation. Life's low moments can shake us and take us by surprise, leaving us crushed and wondering what happened to the person we were before we were swallowed whole by this heavy feeling. These lows come in the form of grief, rejection, hurt, a reaction to pressure, depression, anxiety... the list goes on! We have all been there in some shape or form. Of course, we are all unique and react differently when in the belly of one of life's lows, but there are many things that can help us to slowly find our way out.

 I recently found myself drowning in one of life’s low moments. The worst part of being in that low was that I could remember 'the old me' but she seemed very different to the version of myself I was dealing with. I was struggling to find joy in anything, lost appetite, felt physically unwell and became negative in my thinking. As I started to feel better, due to time, talking with friends etc. I started to listen to music and found that certain songs brought me back to the free spirited, happy version of myself I had been missing. It felt like I had made a comeback! AC/DC's 'Back in Black' became a particular anthem! So, with that in mind I have put together a Spotify playlist of songs that helped me, and might help others, to make one of life's comebacks. Put this playlist on, listen to the empowering lyrics, strut down the street and remember just how unique and special you really are. In the words of Chesney Hawkes, you are 'THE ONE AND ONLY'!

I would love to know if there are any songs that make you feel empowered or that have become anthems to certain times in your life. 

Take care,

Michaela x

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Michaela.
    Music is so multi-dimensional. One day it's just for entertainment, another day it's a motivational force and always, it's a force that heals & boosts our spirits. I tend to turn to Bob Marley songs for their positive messages & soothing effect on me. Two old tracks that also pump me up when life is kicking me in the butt are Des'ree's You Gotta Be, and Jay Z's Dirt Off Your Shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, Simone. I love these empowering song suggestions.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts